We have another look at some design proofing tools.
- Red Pen is interesting and works with image files to leave simple annotations. Only downside is the per-project payment method that might not suit some clients. Also managing a large amount of files can be confusing.
- PageProof has a nice design but is a little more complex to use as it incorporates workflows into the proofing process, These can be set up beforehand and use on future projects. Pageproof video tutorial found here. Gave it a try and it’s a little clunky doing edits and waiting for previews.
- Cage App looks fantastic and works well for larger lists of projects. Only downside was the guest sign-in experience which is too long and a little confusing.
- Mural for the sticky note design proofing people who came from sticking Post It Notes on pdf proofs.
- ProofMe is similar to GoVisually and works well across a large range of file formats that need quick proofing
- Looking for self-hosted design proofing software – see also Project Huddle for a once-off purchase for $80
- A little old school in the design but File Camp could be something for those seeking simplicity whilst proofing on a custom subdomain
- Looks interesting, File Stage seems to have everything but also has one of the highest price tags for a design proofing tool. One to check out if you have the budget.
- Notable is more geared towards website design proofing but could be adapted to suit.
- Prevue looks like a clean and simple tool for fast design proofing but the UI is a little confusing and there is too much clicking to get through the design proofing stages + no approval process included.
Are you looking for better online reviews for your business?
Getting quality reviews is notoriously hard. Getting a large quantity of great...